This is a reminder that ALL Summer Band students will be participating in Mokena’s 4th of July parade NEXT MONDAY, JULY 4th!
· Date – Monday, July 4th
· Students meet at Main Park at 9:15am (we will meet near the playground at the front of the park) – drop off is at Immanuel Lutheran Church on LaPorte Road. LaPorte Road will be closed near Main Park.
· Parade steps off at 10:00am
· Students will be dismissed from Gamboa’s (19200 Wolf Road) at approximately 11:00am. Please pick your students up at this location. Please note that the dismissal time depends entirely on how quickly the parade proceeds. Please make sure your child checks in with me before they leave the parade with you. If your child will be walking home from the parade by themselves, please email me prior to this Friday's rehearsal so I am aware.
· I am in need of two to three banner carriers for the parade. If your student has a younger (or older) sibling that would be capable of carrying the banner and marching in the parade, please let me know. They would need to dress the same as the band students (I will provide the polo - but I need advance notice).
· I am in need of parents to chaperone the parade! If you are able to walk with us, please email me and let me know.
· Black Pants
· Black Socks
· Black Shoes – don’t wear dress shoes! Must be all black – no white stripes or Nike signs - marching shoes that were ordered last week should arrive in time
· Green Meteor Polo Shirt
· Students with large instruments need to make sure their instrument is loaded onto the trailer at the end of rehearsal this Friday. If your student has a small instrument (clarinets/flutes, etc.), they are responsible for bringing that to the parade. Cases can be stored on the trailer, but it would be better if students left their cases at home.
· Color Guard students should load their flags on the trailer on Friday as well.
· The school will be locked on Monday, July 4th and students will not be able to pick up instruments!!!
· Our last parade rehearsal is this Friday (7/1) and will be from 10:00 – 12:00.
· Students will need to have appropriate outside clothing and gym shoes for this rehearsal.
· Students should wear sunscreen to rehearsal.
· Make sure students bring water to rehearsals. Water will be provided for the parade.
Thank you and please let me know as soon as possible if your student will not be able to march in the parade.