Here are some details about the beginning of the school year for students that are currently registered for Band at Mokena Intermediate School.
· First Day of Cadet Band: Tuesday, September 6th
· Time for Band Rehearsals: 7:50-8:20am every day starting 9/6
· Student Drop-off Time: 7:35-7:45am (please do not drop off any earlier than 7:35, as there will be no morning supervision!)
· Student Drop-off Location: MIS main doors
· Instruments and Supplies:
o Students will not need to bring instruments on Tuesday, but will be expected to have them every day starting 9/7
o Other needed supplies:
1. Instrument supplies (reeds, valve oils, cork grease, drum sticks, etc)
2. 3 Ring Binder (to hold music and other handouts)
3. Agenda (to write down assignments and important dates)
· Morning Bus Service When There is No Band: Busing information should be available on the district website http://www.mokena159.org/ soon. Students should know their morning bus information on days they do not have band and to start the school year.
You will be receiving many more emails from me throughout the year with details about what is going on in the Mokena Music Department. Please don’t hesitate to email me with questions you may have:
· Karen Bussean (firstname.lastname@example.org)