Every year the Mokena Music Department does an overnight trip. This year it is a choir trip! Here are some basic details for the trip:
When: Friday, May 6th-Saturday, May 7th
Where: Cleveland, OH
Who: Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grade choir students who register
The cost of the trip varies depending on the number of students attending. This year's trip will probably cost $450-$525. This cost can vary depending on hotel prices, fuel prices, number of buses needed, etc. The cost for the trip includes everything for the two days (bus, hotel, all meals, all attractions, trip shirt). Extra money will only be needed for students who want to purchase souvenirs.
In our trip to Cleveland, we will most likely be doing the following things (pending confirmations):
- clinic with a college choral professor at a Cleveland university
- performance in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- tour through Rock and Roll Hall of Fame museum
- science museum (interactive activities)
- Cleveland zoo
- overnight in a hotel (with a security guard on duty to ensure safety and good behavior)
- group meal at the Hard Rock Café
This trip is not in any way required - rather, it is a nice opportunity for your students to get a great clinic and a neat performing experience. It is perfectly understandable if a student can't attend.
If you have any questions, please let me know!