I wanted to let everyone know that the Spring Fine Arts Concert previously scheduled for Tuesday, May 14, has been changed to Monday, May 13, 2019. We are changing the date of the concert because of a conflict with a concert at Lincoln-Way Central.
Please change this date on your calendars.
The new band books have been distributed to your child either during band or Sectionals. Your child's Charms account has also been charged. Please go to your child's Charms account to print an invoice or you can make your payment through the Paypal link for a small convenience fee. All checks should be made payable to the Mokena Music Boosters and dropped off in the mailbox in the band room at either MIS or MJHS.
If you have any questions, please let Ms. Beekman or I know.
I am attaching the itinerary for the LW Invitational Marching Band Competition on Saturday, October 13, 2018 at Lincoln-Way West High School. This is our ONLY performance for this year's show. ALL members are expected to attend.
The show is coming together nicely. Please make sure you have water at every rehearsal and wear closed toe shoes. Sunscreen is a great idea as well.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Beekman at email@example.com or myself at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I apologize that the Newsletter is a day late this week.
Please check our website at www.mokenameteormusic159.org for more information on what is happening in our department. All newsletters, itineraries, important information, are available there.
Here is the link to this week's Newsletter: https://www.smore.com/ycqbd
Have a great weekend!
Please see the email below from our Ways and Means Chairperson, Mrs. Dion.
Your band/choir student will be bringing home a Perfect Pastry brochure this week. This is an IBA fundraiser which means the funds generated will benefit your child's Individual Bank Account directly. This fundraising opportunity is being presented by the Mokena Music Boosters as a way for the students to help pay for music related expenses such as trips. If your child decides to sell product, the forms and payment are due to the music department mailbox by Monday, September 17.
If this is all new to you, please read the attached intro to Mokena Music Booster fundraising letter.
And, please let me know if you have any questions.
Mokena Music Booster
Ways & Means Chair
Welcome back! We have a very informative first day of band this morning! Students received a lot of paperwork!
1) Band Syllabus - this syllabus will be available on this website next week. A paper copy should have been brought home by your student. Please review the syllabus together and then sign the back page. This is their first graded assignment! Turn the signed form in by Monday to received 100 points! Every day after, they will receive less and less points.
2) Students received a half sheet of paper to write down their school schedule for me. Please encourage them to turn that in if they haven't already.
3)An itinerary for tomorrow's LWMB Step Up Event! Students should meet at MJHS at 3:15. Students will need to be picked up by the tennis courts at Lincoln-Way East at 6:15. Students will need to be signed out by a parent. If your child is riding with someone else, I need a note before the event tomorrow! Email is fine.
4) Sectional Schedule - this schedule is personalized for your child only. They received two copies of this schedule. One should be brought home and the other should be placed in their binder. Students were also directed to the white board in the band room where the Sectional schedule will always be posted.
5) A rhythmic exercise. Students will be working on this during their first sectional. They do not need to practice it ahead of time. They should put this in their binder.
6) ILMEA Junior Band Scale Sheet - again we will work on in Sectional. They don't need to practice it ahead of time. They should put this in their binder.
7) Major Scales. This should be kept in their binder.
8) Fingering Chart or Percussion Rubric - to be kept in their binder as reference.
9) America, Star Spangled Banner and Mokena Fight music. This should be kept in their binder.
Do you see a theme here? They need to have a binder! And a pencil at EVERY rehearsal!
I hope they were able to soak in some of what we discussed today. I will see them tomorrow for the LWMB event and then next week we will be preparing for the Frankfort Fall Festival parade the following Sunday.
If you have any questions, please let me know!
Choir rehearsals for the 2018-2019 school year will begin Thursday, September 6th!
Here are some things to remember about choir rehearsals:
If you know anyone who is interested in choir and hasn't registered yet, registration is due August 31st by 3:00pm. Here is information for those who have not yet registered:
Please contact Mrs. Cheney if you have any questions about choir: email@example.com