1) Band Syllabus - this syllabus will be available on this website next week. A paper copy should have been brought home by your student. Please review the syllabus together and then sign the back page. This is their first graded assignment! Turn the signed form in by Monday to received 100 points! Every day after, they will receive less and less points.
2) Students received a half sheet of paper to write down their school schedule for me. Please encourage them to turn that in if they haven't already.
3)An itinerary for tomorrow's LWMB Step Up Event! Students should meet at MJHS at 3:15. Students will need to be picked up by the tennis courts at Lincoln-Way East at 6:15. Students will need to be signed out by a parent. If your child is riding with someone else, I need a note before the event tomorrow! Email is fine.
4) Sectional Schedule - this schedule is personalized for your child only. They received two copies of this schedule. One should be brought home and the other should be placed in their binder. Students were also directed to the white board in the band room where the Sectional schedule will always be posted.
5) A rhythmic exercise. Students will be working on this during their first sectional. They do not need to practice it ahead of time. They should put this in their binder.
6) ILMEA Junior Band Scale Sheet - again we will work on in Sectional. They don't need to practice it ahead of time. They should put this in their binder.
7) Major Scales. This should be kept in their binder.
8) Fingering Chart or Percussion Rubric - to be kept in their binder as reference.
9) America, Star Spangled Banner and Mokena Fight music. This should be kept in their binder.
Do you see a theme here? They need to have a binder! And a pencil at EVERY rehearsal!
I hope they were able to soak in some of what we discussed today. I will see them tomorrow for the LWMB event and then next week we will be preparing for the Frankfort Fall Festival parade the following Sunday.
If you have any questions, please let me know!