Running for Music Council is completely voluntary, so no student should feel like they need to apply. The positions on Music Council are:
- President (must be an 8th grader)
- Vice President (must be in either band or choir)
- Secretary (must be in either band or choir)
- Symphonic Band representative (must be a member of symphonic band)
- Concert Band rep. (must be a member of concert band)
- 8th Grade Choir rep (must be an 8th grader in choir)
- 7th Grade Choir rep (must be a 7th grader in choir)
- 6th Grade Choir rep (must be a 6th grader in choir)
Students must fill out the application and answer the questions on that application. Their answers will be posted so the other students can read about each applicant. These positions are filled based on a student vote (teachers do not pick the positions). Only band and choir students vote on the music council elections.
Students interested in applying will need to turn in their applications and answers by tomorrow (Friday, September 11). Students have had the opportunity all week to pick up hard copies of the applications, so hopefully they have already done so. I am sending them out via email just in case a student forgot to bring it home for the parent signature.