October marks the start of our annual pie sale. Traditionally, our main fundraiser that has supplied practically all of our budget for the year has been MarketDay. However, the MarketDay company abruptly closed this summer, and we no longer have that option available to us as a fundraiser. Though not exactly the same as we are used to, Sweet Dreams offers a good selection of quality dessert items for this year’s pie sale.
As always, 100% of the proceeds from the sale will go directly to the Mokena Bands and Choir. Throughout the year, The Mokena Music Boosters purchase of all of the sheet music, music stands, percussion equipment, and the instruments in use by the music program, and fund their maintenance and repair. With money raised from past sales, we have purchased acoustical panels for the music room, a new set of tympani, and a new piano.
Since the loss of the MarketDay program will leave us with drastically less funding going forward, we ask that families make an extra effort to support this year’s pie sale while we pursue other options for funding. We are asking that each student sell a minimum of eight pies this year. Each student selling six pies will receive one ticket for the prize drawing. Students who sell more than six pies will receive one additional drawing ticket for every three additional pies sold.
This year’s top prize will be announced soon! Other prizes will include Mokena Music Spirit Wear, and iTunes gift cards. Additionally, all students selling pies will be able to attend a movie party as thank you for participating in this fundraiser.
Your order form is attached. Please sell pies to family and friends. We do not expect, nor do we want, children to have to go door to door or sell to strangers. You may find the following information helpful to use in your sales approach:
- 100% of all pie sale profits will go directly to the music program.
- All desserts come frozen.
- There are several new dessert items this year including different flavors of cheesecake and cinnamon rolls.
- Desserts will be available before Thanksgiving.
- Payment should be collected when the dessert order is placed.Checks should be made payable to: Mokena Music Boosters
- Each student must submit their order forms with payment to their band or choir director by Friday, October 23rd to ensure on-time delivery.
- Orders placed on the attached sheet do NOT need to include sales tax!
- Each student must pick up their pies on:
Wednesday, November 18th
Mokena Junior High School
between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 pm.